What is Glee Club?
Glee Club is a sing-a-long choir where you can rock up for a sing whenever you feel like it! There are no solos, no auditions and no commitment – just a big group sing of some of the best songs on the planet.
We have venues in Melbourne’s CBD, Yarraville, Brighton and Hobart.
What makes Glee Club different from a choir?
- We only sing music that we think is fun! So you’re guaranteed an eclectic mix of pop, show tunes and anything else that takes our fancy.
- You don’t have to audition. We don’t mind if your voice is fit or rusty or if you’ve never tried singing before. You don’t even have to sing if you’re not ready, you can just drink your wine and soak up the Gleeful vibe!
- We know that singing and drinking are good friends! So hit up the bar and bring your drink in with you.
- We don’t do solos. Our sing-a-longs are a big group sing – there’s no chance of anyone pointing to you and saying “on your own!”
- Our Glee leaders come from the world of music theatre and love sharing their musical and performance expertise. And they love seeing everyone leave with a smile on their faces!
How do I join?
All you have to do is turn up! Just grab yourself a ticket (you’ll find ticket links in the news section below), then rock up and grab yourself a drink at the bar. You don’t have to bring or prepare anything! There are new singers every session so you won’t be the only one there for the first time.
Check out the News section for current times and venues and you can check out our Facebook page too.
You can sign up to our mailing list by looking to the right if you’re on a PC or scrolling down if you’re on mobile. We only email once a month so promise not to clog up your inbox! Or drop us an email with any questions here.
Looking for more of a challenge?
Check out Glee Plus – the big sibling to Glee Club. Glee Plus works in short seasons towards a performance – and they perform at really excellent places like MONA, the Melba Spiegeltent and the State Library. Glee Plus rehearses on Saturday arvos both in real life and online and we love welcoming new singers.
“I have been thinking about joining a choir for years and finally turned up, on my own, a little apprehensive. The vibe from Vicky was incredibly welcoming and extremely non-judgemental. When she said, ‘If you find the harmonies tricky just sing any note you like, or have another sip of wine if you prefer’ I knew I had come to the right place.
The session caters inclusively and very well for everyone; from those who are uncertain of their singing ability to those who confidently sight read and harmonise. Vicky also emphasises repeatedly that intermittent attendance is just fine. AND we sound great!
I could not be more impressed with the way this is run.”