What is Glee Club?
Glee Club is a sing-a-long choir based in Melbourne’s CBD.
We get together every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at The Butterfly Club and have a sing.
What makes Glee Club different from a choir?
- We only sing music that we think is fun! So you’re guaranteed an eclectic mix of pop, show tunes and anything else that takes our fancy.
- You don’t have to audition. You don’t even have to register. You simply rock up when you feel like a sing!
- There’s no commitment to come every week. We know that lives are busy and that’s fine with us – come for a sing when you can and you want to!
- We know that singing and drinking are good friends! So hit up The Butterfly Club’s incredible bar and bring your drink in with you.
- We don’t do solos. Our Tuesday night sing-a-longs are a big group sing – there’s no chance of anyone pointing to you and saying “on your own!”
- Our Glee leaders come from the world of music theatre and love sharing their musical and performance expertise.
- We don’t mind if your voice is fit or rusty or if you’ve never tried singing before. You don’t even have to sing if you’re not ready, you can just drink your wine and soak up the Gleeful vibe!
How do I join?
All you have to do is turn up! Just come along a few minutes early, get yourself a ticket and a drink from the bar and join in an hour of singing and good times. There are new singers every week so you won’t be the only one there for the first time.
On the last Tuesday night of every month we pay tribute to one of our favourite artists.
Sign up to our mailing list (look to your right in you’re on a computer on scroll to the bottom if you’re on your phone) to find out which artist we’re featuring and stay up to date with our workshops, special events and performance opportunities. We only email once a month so promise not to get all spammy on you!
Looking for more of a challenge?
Check out Glee Plus – the big sibling to Glee Club. Glee Plus works in short seasons towards a performance – and they perform at really excellent places like MONA, the Melba Spiegeltent and the State Library. Glee Plus rehearses at The Butterfly Club on Saturday arvos and loves having new singers join in.