What is Glee Club?
Glee Club is a sing-a-long choir where you can rock up for a sing whenever you feel like it! There are no solos, no auditions and no commitment – just a big group sing of some of the best songs on the planet.
And if you’re in Hobart, you can get along to Glee Club every Monday night at Irish Murphy’s.
What makes Glee Club different from a choir?
- We only sing music that we think is fun! So you’re guaranteed an eclectic mix of pop, show tunes and anything else that takes our fancy.
- You don’t have to audition. You don’t even have to register. You simply rock up when you feel like a sing!
- There’s no commitment to come every week. We know that lives are busy and that’s fine with us – come for a sing when you can and you want to!
- We know that singing and drinking are good friends! So hit up the bar and bring your drink in with you.
- We don’t do solos. Our sing-a-longs are a big group sing – there’s no chance of anyone pointing to you and saying “on your own!”
- Our Glee leaders come from the world of music theatre and love sharing their musical and performance expertise.
- We don’t mind if your voice is fit or rusty or if you’ve never tried singing before. You don’t even have to sing if you’re not ready, you can just drink your wine and soak up the Gleeful vibe!
How do I join?
All you have to do is turn up! Just come along a few minutes early, get yourself a ticket and a drink from the bar and join in an hour of singing and good times. There are new singers every session so you won’t be the only one there for the first time.
Sign up to our mailing list (look to your right in you’re on a computer on scroll to the bottom if you’re on your phone) to find out which artist we’re featuring and stay up to date with our workshops, special events and performance opportunities. We only email once a month so promise not to get all spammy on you!
Looking for more of a challenge?
Check out Glee Plus – the big sibling to Glee Club. Glee Plus works in short seasons towards a performance – and they perform at really excellent places like MONA, the Melba Spiegeltent and the State Library. Glee Plus rehearses at The Butterfly Club on Saturday arvos and loves having new singers join in.
“I have been thinking about joining a choir for years and finally turned up, on my own, a little apprehensive. The vibe from Vicky was incredibly welcoming and extremely non-judgemental. When she said, ‘If you find the harmonies tricky just sing any note you like, or have another sip of wine if you prefer’ I knew I had come to the right place.
The session caters inclusively and very well for everyone; from those who are uncertain of their singing ability to those who confidently sight read and harmonise. Vicky also emphasises repeatedly that intermittent attendance is just fine. AND we sound great!
I could not be more impressed with the way this is run.”