Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. Our next season is rehearsing at the fabulous Malthouse Theatre with a performance on the Malthouse Outdoor Stage. Some other places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- We don’t mind if you miss a rehearsal or two – we all live busy lives and we make sure you have the resources you need to catch up at home.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Season 3 is open for registrations!
Click here to register for Season 3 at Glee Plus.
Dates: July 23 – September 24
Rehearsals: Saturdays 4:30 – 6:30 at The Malthouse Theatre, Southbank
Performance: Sunday September 25, morning tea performance at Leopard Lodge at The Melbourne Zoo
Cost: $308 (including GST). Or come along and give the first session a go for just $11 before deciding if you’re in for the season.
And if you’re thinking ahead, Season 4 will run October 15 – December 10 with a performance on Dec 11 at Brunswick Ballroom