Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Malthouse Theatre in Southbank. We’ve performed at iconic venues such as MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- We don’t mind if you miss a rehearsal or two – we all live busy lives and we make sure you have the resources you need to catch up at home.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
Interested in joining?
Glee Plus rehearses Saturday afternoons at The Malthouse Theatre in Southbank. You can also check out our sibling choir, Glee West which rehearses on Tuesday evenings in Yarraville.
We welcome new singers at the start of each 10 week season.
Our next season will be kicking off early in 2023. Make sure you’ve joined the mailing list so you can be the first to know when registrations open or feel free to email with any questions.