Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Our next season kicks off on May 31 and runs until August 22 where we’ll do a fabulous performance at The Common Rooms (Melbourne’s fabulous new venue at Trades hall)
Our theme is “Years: how they take so long and go so fast” which was chosen before this whole thing started and suddenly feels very apt!
We anticipate the first set of rehearsals for this will be online rehearsals via everyone’s new best friend, Zoom. I think online rehearsals will work brilliantly for the first few sessions where we’re warming up, getting to know songs and learning our parts. However, you will have to supply your own wine for our wine time breaks!
Dates: May 31 – August 15
Rehearsal times: Saturdays 4:15 – 6:15
Rehearsal venue: Initially online and transitioning to The Butterfly Club in the CBD
Performances: 2 shows on August 22 at The Common Rooms at Trades Hall
Cost: $340 with a 10% discount for returning Gleebers (if you are a regular Glee Plusser and have been financially hit by this situation, please feel free to drop me an email and we will work something out)
Optional solo workshop: $100 for 2 x private sessions with Vicky (1x20mins and 1x30mins), practice tracks and sheet music.
To register or if you’ve got questions, email Vicky here.