Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Our first season for 2019 will be titled ‘The Melbourne Project’ and will highlight local composers including some brand-new, off-the-press compositions as well as songs that connect to and celebrate this beautiful city we call home.
We have the rehearsal dates locked in but are still a step away from announcing the performance venue. We’ll also spend time in the recording studio at the end of this project to record some of these excellent pieces so if you’ve always dreamed of being a recording artist, now’s your chance!
Rehearsals are Saturdays from 4:00 – 6:15 at The Butterfly Club (and we always break for wine time in the middle!)
The cost is $370 with a 10% discount for returning Glee Plussers. You can pay this in two payments or all at once or you can get in touch to make a payment plan of smaller payments if that suits you better.
Here are the dates:
February 2 – March 2
Break for Labour Day weekend
March 16 – March 30 (please note that March 30 we’ll be rehearsing in a different location)
Break for Easter holidays
April 27 – May 11
May 19 – recording session
And a performance sometime between May 12 and May 18!
To register your interest, simply email Vicky and she’ll add you to the list.
Or if you’ve got a question about Glee Plus, email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org