Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. Our next season is rehearsing at the fabulous Malthouse Theatre with a performance at the Brunswick Ballroom. Some other places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Registrations are open for our third season for 2021.
You can register here.
Superstar Chelsea Plumley will be at the helm and our theme is Showtunes!
Here are all the details:
Rehearsals: Saturday afternoons 4 – 6 at The Malthouse (or on zoom if public health restrictions are in place)
Dates: September 4 – Nov 27 (no rehearsals on grand final weekend or Cup weekend)
Performance: Sunday November 28 7:30pm at Brunswick Ballroom
Cost: $330 which you can pay in 2 instalments. And if you’re not sure, you can give the first rehearsal a go for just $10 and see if it’s for you.