Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
We have three seasons planned for 2019.
Glee Plus: The Australian Music Vault
You can come see us perform Saturday May 11 at Melbourne Arts Centre. You’ll find Glee Plus at 11:30am in the Hamer Hall foyer and on the Main Lawn at 12:15.
Glee Plus Goes Wild!
In season 2 we’ll be celebrating nature through song culminating with a morning tea performance in Lemur Lodge at The Melbourne Zoo!
The dates are:
June 15 – August 10, 4:00 – 6:15
Performance at The Melbourne Zoo August 17 at 11am
Cost: $340 with a 10% discount for returning Gleebers
(includes morning tea at the performance)
Glee Plus at The Melba Spiegeltent
Season 3 we’ll be partying at our favourite venue, The Melba Spiegeltent. We guarantee your friends and family will love coming here to hear you sing (and that you’ll have a brilliant time to boot!)
The dates are:
August 31 – Sept 28, 4:15 – 6:15
Break for school holidays
October 12 – 26, 4:15 – 6:15
Break for Melb Cup
November 9 – 23, 4:15 – 6:15
Performance at The Melba Spiegeltent, Collingwood
Saturday November 30
Cost: $370 with a 10% discount for returning Gleebers
If you’ve got questions or would like know more about Glee Plus, email Vicky at email@example.com