Glee Plus is the big sibling group to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s why:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Interested? Here’s what’s next for Glee Plus:
Cocktail Hour with Glee Plus
Glee Plus invites you to the Oratory at Abbotsford Convent where you’ll enjoy a cocktail and some smooth and sophisticated singing on a Sunday evening.
Tickets available through trybooking and include a cocktail or mocktail upon arrival.
Doors open at 6 and singing starts at 6:30.
Come Fly With Glee
Our next round of Glee Plus is working towards a travel-themed performance at the Melba Spiegeltent on November 17.
Rehearsals are Saturday afternoons 4 – 6:15 at The Butterfly Club.
Here are the dates:
August 4 – September 8
Break for school holidays (we’ll do solo workshops over the holidays)
Break for Cup Weekend
November 10Performance at the Melba Spiegeltent on November 17
How do I sign up?
We’re not taking registrations for the next round just yet but pencil the dates in your diary and make sure you’re on the Glee Club mailing list and are following us on Facebook and Twitter so you’re the first in the know.
For more information about Glee Plus, email Vicky at email@example.com