Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Come See Glee Plus on November 17 at the Melba Spiegeltent
Come up, up and away with Glee Plus as they take you on a musical journey around the world and then right back home. A night at the fabulous Melba Spiegeltent filled with your favourite songs and some new musical gems along with a glass of wine (or two). What more could you want?!
We’ll have more fabulous Glee Plus seasons in 2019 so make sure you’re on our email list. If you’re on a computer, look to your right and if you’re on your phone, scroll down to the bottom of the page to join.
Or if you’ve got a question about Glee Plus, email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org