Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
We’re just about to launch a zoom season of Glee Plus running from September 12 – October 24 and singing all of our favourite songs from the last 7 years of Glee Plus.
We’ve got some great strategies to run online rehearsals that give you a sense of singing in a group and working collaboratively as a choir (even from our own living rooms!)
Rehearsal times: Saturdays 4:15 – 5:45 or Tuesdays 7 – 8:30 (you can even mix and match!)
Rehearsal venue: your place!
Cost: $120 (if you have been financially hit by 2020, please feel free to drop me an email and we will work something out)