Glee Plus is the big sibling choir to Glee Club for singers who are ready for a bit more of a challenge.
Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s how:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melba Spiegeltent, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
We’re planning three seasons for 2020.
We’re thrilled to announce our first season for 2020 will be kicking off at the start of Feb and culminating in a performance Funfest which launches the PAVE festival in Emerald.
The theme for the festival is “imagine” so we’ll be running with that theme and we’re already planning lots of great songs to get the year started right! Funfest is an amazing day of fun for the whole family with an extravaganza of food, music, performance, rides, and local crafts that will tantalize everyone from children to adults. And we’ll be performing on the main stage for what promises to be a big crowd!
Here are all the details:
Rehearsal dates: Feb 1 – March 28
Rehearsal times: 4:15 – 6:15 Saturdays at The Butterfly Club
Performances: Sunday March 22 at Family Fun Day for Down Syndrome Victoria in Ashburton and Sunday March 29 at Funfest in Emerald
Cost: $340 (with a 10% discount for returning Gleebers)
To register or ask any questions, email Vicky here.
Our other seasons are pencilled in as:
Season 2: May 9 – June 27
Break for school holidays and run solo workshops
July 18 – August 8
Performance/s on August 15
Season 3: Oct 3 – Dec 5 (with a break for Melbourne Cup weekend)
Daytime performance on December 6
We’ll have more details soon so make sure you’re on our mailing list so you’re the first in the know!